Participation in City Athletics, Incorporated (“City Athletics”) facility rental requires acceptance of the following. Should you withdraw and return at a later date, the following waiver and releases remain applicable during your absence and continue upon your return.
By renting the City Athletics facility I, the renter, agree to the following:
Indemnification and Hold Harmless Clause
The renter & their guests shall indemnify and hold harmless City Athletics, Tioga PA Partners LLC, and any of their officers, employees, servants, agents, contractors, and volunteers from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use and/or occupation of the property at 1901 W. Tioga St, Philadelphia, PA 19140.
Facility Rules and Regulations
My guests/group and I will abide by the rules and regulations governing use of the facility as outlined below:
- Renters must provide their own balls, cones, and other training apparatus.
- No food, drinks or gum allowed on the court floor. No gum allowed in the fitness room.
- No profanity or inappropriate language, attire, or behavior (indecent exposure, voyeurism, exhibitionism, or other lewd and lascivious acts).
- SNEAKERS ONLY! No street shoes allowed on the court.
- No alcoholic beverages on the property.
- No smoking anywhere in or outside of the facility.
- No weapons allowed in the facility.
- No pets allowed in the facility.
- No bicycles allowed in the gym.
- A responsible guardian (adult) must be present with your group/party at all times.
- Clean up after oneself or one’s group before leaving the facility.
- You and your guests are responsible for securing your own personal items; City Athletics is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No removing materials, equipment, or property from the building without authorization.
Rental Agreement Legal Disclaimers:
- Renter may not publicize usage of the facility prior to payment being received.
- Renter is not guaranteed requested booking until payment is received.
- Renter will neither allow, nor engage in any discriminatory practices or polices regarding race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
- Renter shall comply with all applicable local, state or federal laws, rules and regulations.
Rules for Approved Renters:
- Renter must submit a copy of a valid ID at the time of first rental and upon request by City Athletics.
- Cancellations must be reported promptly. Cancellation of sessions will not be refunded. If scheduling permits, City Athletics may permit a cancelled session to be scheduled for a different time slot and/or date.
- In the unfortunate event that a cancellation is initiated by City Athletics, Inc., renter will be informed with as much prior notice as possible. Payment will be refunded using the method in which payment was received or if possible and agreed upon via credit for future use.
- Renter must leave property in the same degree of cleanliness and orderliness as found. Renter shall be responsible for enforcement of this requirement on its guests and/or invitees.
- ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES and LOUD, VULGAR, CONFRONTATIONAL LANGUAGE is not permitted on facility grounds -- or in its immediate vicinity. Renter is fully responsible for conduct of all spectators, as well as participants, and will be required to provide identifiable adult supervision upon request by City Athletics personnel.
- City Athletics does not accommodate late arrivals. Applicant agrees to abide by the start and end times as requested.
- Amplified music and/or sound is allowable, however, music with profanity and/or vulgar language is prohibited if children are in the facility.
My agreement acknowledges that violation of any of the above noted rules for approved renters will result in revocation of this approval and refusal of future use. No refunds will be given upon revocation due to violation of any of the above noted rules for approved renters.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
City Athletics has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, however, we cannot guarantee that you, your children, or guests who visit our facility will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending City Athletics could increase your risk, your child(ren)’s risk, your family’s risk, and your guest’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren), my family, my guests, and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by utilizing the City Athletics facility and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the facility may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, City Athletics’ employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my guests, my child(ren), my family or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my guests may experience or incur in connection with usage of the City Athletics facility or participation in City Athletics programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, on behalf of my guests, my children, and my family, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless City Athletics, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of City Athletics, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after rental of the City Athletics facility or participation in any City Athletics’ programs.